01 October 2010

Day One in St. John's

Now that I've updated you a bit on the trip, here's where I am and what I am doing now: After flying in to St. John's around noon today, I walked a ways to a bus stop. At the bus stop, I met 5 girls that graduated from a Bible School a couple years ago. They are all here for their friends' wedding. They asked for my number, plus I know where they're staying, so if I get bored then I have some contacts here. It's doubtful that St. John's could be the least bit boring, though.

Nearly every other person I pass on the streets here stops me and talks to me. They are so friendly! Very laid back. I'm looking forward to a relaxing time here getting to know the people and eventually making my way a few miles to Bowring Park to see Peter Pan for the third time.

I'm staying in a 2-bunk dorm with three elder ladies who like to ski and climb mountains. They'll be here for the next couple nights as well. Again, the trip keeps getting better!

Tomorrow is my birthday! I've just remembered. The guy sitting at the computer next to me is laughing with me. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment